Black Nox Dwarf Angelfish

Urka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here had a black nox dwarf angelfish? I am considering one as my centerpiece fish and would like to hear people's experiences with this fish

OP
OP
U

Urka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that's the plan. This will definitely be many months from now. I am going to start with 2 clownfish and a fire fish and eventually adding a royal gramma, banggai cardinalfish, watchman goby, azure damselfish, and a chalk bass. This will be a long journey

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that's the plan. This will definitely be many months from now. I am going to start with 2 clownfish and a fire fish and eventually adding a royal gramma, banggai cardinalfish, watchman goby, azure damselfish, and a chalk bass. This will be a long journey
Would add the damsel after the angel as last, azures are buttholes. Mine was a terror until my maroon clownfish got tired of his crap and put him in his place

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like nox is on the “more likely to nip corals” end of the dwarf spectrum, but it’s all anecdotal.

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got too excited when I saw a video of it, but will most likely get a more reef safe centerpiece fish. Thanks
Honestly it’s kind of a tricky fish that doesn’t show up well in a lot of tanks due to its jet black color. I had one in a FOWLR and I felt like it was a little more secretive than a flame or coral beauty, sort of a bit like a golden that wants to be in the rocks all the time.

I think there are a lot of better choices. Maybe a big male wrasse like a rhomboid?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back