Black spot on Devils hand leather

Bubbagump69

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be concerned about the black spots I'm seeing recently on my leather? On the bottom left.
8DA3E019-E31D-48A5-9BD1-9F3247063C8C.jpeg
 
I think its just the start of a new polyp. I added a new devils hand leather recently also and noticed a black spot... after a day or two, it turned into a polyp. That would be my guess anyway.

20200818_234456.jpg
 
My devil's hand leather shrinks at nigh and expands after the lights come on. I noticed the same thing on mine right when the lights came on. Once it expanded the black area went away. It looked exactly like your picture. I've noticed it several times and it always goes away. I don't think it's any things to worry about.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new