Black spots on Cleaner Shrimp.. HELP!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter legacy2mj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
406
Reaction score
135
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that one of my cleaner shrimps has black spots on the back and a few on its sides. It has also been curling up its tail... I think it is trying to shed its shell, but want to see if anyone has any ideas on what this means?
20140721_194125.jpg
 
It's hard to say because I have 2 cleaner shrimp and one molted about 2 weeks ago when I was out of town, so don't know which one molted and the other cleaner shrimp looks fine.
 
As long as your iodine levels are good through regular water changes it should molt. They usually hide the day of. I bet he's getting ready to change clothes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new