Black spots on clownfish

LookItsAdam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a clownfish pair in a tank for about 6 months now and just recently noticed my male clown has developed some small black spots on his body. He's solid orange with only one white band near his head so the black dots definitely weren't there before. They're the only fish in the tank and the female doesn't have them, but both fish look healthy and eat heavily every day.

I read that this could possibly be stinging from corals, however the only corals in that tank are green star polyps and Xenia which I didn't think stung fish.

Any suggestions on what it could be and how to resolve it? I'll try and get a picture but he's very camera shy.
 
hi,yes pics will help a lot ,then we can call some expert help.. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new