Black storm clownfish

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I need your thoughts on this, I am really looking forward to have a pair of Black storm clownfish and have asked my LFS to send me a picture of the ones they have in stock.

In my opinion this looks like a Mocha clownfish and not a Black storm clownfish. Do they get darker with time or what because these don't look black.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_20230113-113256__01.jpg

Attachments

• VID-20230113-WA0000.mp4
    1.4 MB
Last edited:

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvenile black clownfish morphs start out as orange, and slowly fade to black. Only at about 2 inches do they turn solid colored, and even then their noses may stay orange. Looks to be pretty small, so I'd say black storm.

OP
OP
K

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvenile black clownfish morphs start out as orange, and slowly fade to black. Only at about 2 inches do they turn solid colored, and even then their noses may stay orange. Looks to be pretty small, so I'd say black storm.
I was thinking that might be the case but didn't know if that was a thing and I don't know sizes I posted a video might help

hoodrich8907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I need your thoughts on this, I am really looking forward to have a pair of Black storm clownfish and have asked my LFS to send me a picture of the ones they have in stock.

In my opinion this looks like a Mocha clownfish and not a Black storm clownfish. Do they get darker with time or what because these don't look black.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_20230113-113256__01.jpg
That’s a mocha storm

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back