Black Widow BTA coloration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sp4zzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sp4zzy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2017
Messages
113
Reaction score
95
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any suggestions on keeping my Widows nice and red. I picked one up at Aquatic Experience and it's grown like crazy + split and seems super happy but the colors have gone a little crazy. It started a nice deep red and now is more of a redder rose... the base and tips are still colored nicely, the red just seems to have faded out.

Params all seem normal, and everything else in the tank is happy - rainbow BTA's and rock flowers are all looking great. Would dosing trace elements help the coloration? I was under the impression that that was more for SPS...
 
Might take some time to reacclimate to new lighting.
 
I should have clarified - I've had them since November and the color just started crashing about a month ago. I installed new (more even) lighting a few days ago in hopes that it will help. I also know the temp spiked due to a faulty heater but I don't know why only the widows would be affected by that.

At any rate just wondering if there were any tricks to keeping vibrant reds that I was missing. I also should have mentioned that I feed them chunks of LRS Reef Frenzy twice a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new