• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Black Widow Nem - needs regime asap

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased the approximately 3 months ago, has been having chemical warfare with a rainbow BTA in my system. Approximately 2 inches in diameter, eats, still has beautiful color, but my other tank is not stable enough for it just yet. Would like to rehome it ASAP. Prior to it shrinking a bit, it was approx 4 inches wide, just isn’t happy with the other nem in the tank. Other nem is beautifully healthy. Willing to answer any questions.
Porch P/u or local meet only

SE MICH / TOLEDO AREA

5E89DD20-D2F3-4A9C-B9E6-D46EEDC6D8AD.jpeg
6E6293A4-E641-4636-9262-A4370B7952BE.jpeg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit too far away from Cleveland..... Have yoi thought about taking it to a local shop?

OP
OP
Sstadler

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit too far away from Cleveland..... Have yoi thought about taking it to a local shop?

Thought about it. Not really many LFS nearby with inverts/corals. I’d rather see it go to a home.

Also, Bump $150

cool2burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to what makes you think they are attacking each other I have a neM farm tank with a variety of different types and have never had such an issue. If it's shrinking its most likely something with your parameters

OP
OP
Sstadler

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to what makes you think they are attacking each other I have a neM farm tank with a variety of different types and have never had such an issue. If it's shrinking its most likely something with your parameters

It’s the only thing I could conclude since I have Other Nems I the same tank thriving. All parameters are stable and have been.

cool2burn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could also be because it did not acclimate to the lights well. Might wanna try turning them down see how it responds. Remember the Black widow is a Blackfoot. Just like corals different types need different lighting and they need a light acclimate period.

OP
OP
Sstadler

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could also be because it did not acclimate to the lights well. Might wanna try turning them down see how it responds. Remember the Black widow is a Blackfoot. Just like corals different types need different lighting and they need a light acclimate period.

Yea I did a two week acclimation on my kessils. It hasn’t moved off of its original spot. Which is why I don’t understand. If it was a light / flow issue I’d imagine it would just move to a different spot. But it doesn’t.. thoughts?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back