Blackout and Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter MHascsak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MHascsak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
19
Location
North Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have whats starting to look like dinos pop up in my tank and want to nip it in the but with a 3-4 day blackout. Anything I should be concerned about with my acros or should they weather the storm fine? Most importantly should I stop dosing during the black out?
 
3 days was the most I have done without significant coral changes. Right at 3 days was when I saw a slight color loss and 4 or more might turn worse quick but maybe someone has experience with it. If all the corals are healthy and growing and not already stressed I wouldn’t sweat it. Maybe just monitor your levels while the lights are off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new