Bleach used in mixing room

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach was used in my mixing room to clean the floor and I have an air pump that was on my fresh mix of salt water. It smells strong of bleach in the room should I toss out all the water?
 
Bleach was used in my mixing room to clean the floor and I have an air pump that was on my fresh mix of salt water. It smells strong of bleach in the room should I toss out all the water?
I wouldn't worry about it unless bleach was poured directly into the water.
Even then it would be fine after a couple of days.
 
I thought bleach would naturally go away if you just let it mix with the lid of. Adding an air stone would allow for gas exchange faster?
 
If it’s 100% pure bleach, you’ll be ok. But also, if you will just end up worrying about it for two weeks, just replace it and relieve yourself of the anxiety.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new