Bleached mushroom and dying yumma

maleks.reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
868
Reaction score
447
Location
United Arab Emirates
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. About 2 weeks ago I got my first yumma mushroom alongside a random common green mushroom. Within the first 48 hours of placing them on the sandbed, the green mushroom was fully bleached and the yumma had lost most of its tissue with only the foot/base remaining. My guess is that it was too much light for them although I have other mushrooms doing just fine at the same level. I have moved them to a dark shadowed area of the tank ever since and both seem to be just existing for now, no clear recovery but no death either.

The green mushroom detached from its rock yesterday. Does this mean its too far gone? Should I place it in a cup with some pebbles in a low flow area in hopes it reattaches?

Thanks all.

(no parameters since all my kits expired and I didnt bother to get new ones. The tank is a 4 month old bowl with softies, leathers and inverts, all doing fine thankfully.
 
As per usual, pics might help, pref under both white and blue, and tank parameters are pretty essential.

What sort of lighting?

I would definitely get the shroom in a cup with some pebbles and try.
 
What are the specs? Yumas are very hardy so there has to be a specific reason for bleaching out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new