Bleaching mystery coral

SimplyVibing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
269
Reaction score
160
Location
NW Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally dropped this guy behind a rock about two months ago. Finally found him, and he’s just slightly purple at the tips now— is he going to make it?
Also, what the heck is this guy? I forgot what they called it at my LFS. I think they said galaxia but idk.
Thanks!
B57B8A5B-98D4-4393-80E8-535C6341252E.jpeg
3E0BB0B1-B419-4D78-9679-E5A45D17DFEA.jpeg
 
thank you. It’s probably 3 inches from some zoas but I’ll move those a little farther. Any idea if the galaxea will survive? :)
Lps have been known to comeback all you have to do is hope.

I think you said you could still see some flesh or was that before you lost it?
 
Lps have been known to comeback all you have to do is hope.

I think you said you could still see some flesh or was that before you lost it?
Hello! There’s still a little bit of flesh on the tips of each polyp. I put the bad boy in his own little spot, and I’m just going to spot feed him every other day.
 
Hello! There’s still a little bit of flesh on the tips of each polyp. I put the bad boy in his own little spot, and I’m just going to spot feed him every other day.
Signs of flesh is good. Take it slow and allow him to recover. Once he is reestablished mine seems to like higher flow
Is a fast grower when happy. Much larger than in this pic now

20190321_215353.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new