Blink Mini Cameras

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A family emergency called me out of town, 3h away. A non-reefing friend had a key to my place, and I have what is probably an average amount of automation on my APEX.

What I can’t monitor with my APEX setup is water level (the APEX ATK never seems to work) so my wife suggested we get a nanny cam for the tank.

The other thing I don’t trust is the APEX conductivity probe. My own mismanagement of it (though the probe certainly deserves much of the fault) led to a tank crash 1-2 years ago, and I will never put one on my tank again. Therefore I mounted a hydrometer in the corner of one tank, in view of the camera, away from direct flow. While these products are also not reliable, between the regular APEX, the camera to monitor water levels, the hygrometer, and salinity checks with a Hanna salinity checker by my friend, I trust the tank is well taken care of.

I bought a set of Blink 2x mini cameras. The experience has been wonderful after almost a month of use. Setup was easy, picture and video quality is good for the price, and the iOS application is solid. For perspective on the high quality of the product for the price, the app and the wifi in these two mini cameras for $60 total is far, far superior to the Kessil app and wifi on their AP900 line.

The home screen on the app. Setup was around 10 minutes from opening the box to completion.
E53BA978-971B-4769-8B00-0961A746BB4E.png

Latest FTS (not from the app)
7F6A54E1-6A05-47FB-9B22-C4EE895AE67F.jpeg

The kit I purchased, no accessories needed:
0C49783F-80BE-4E4B-B104-4FDD2DCA778E.jpeg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I took the ATK off and went back to a Tunze, but in the future I may work through your tutorial and go back.

One question, for clarification: My fuge is lit by Kessile H380 x2 on the grow setting. Any experience if this spectrum messes with the optical level sensor on the ATK?

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. He went with the Wyze cams. I have one in the front, each side and the sump. An awesome addition to a tank!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back