Blister on fire shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter medusala
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

medusala

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
154
Reaction score
30
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a blister looking bump on my fire shrimp, which has stayed through a molting. Any ideas what it is?

IMG_1485926251.013316.jpg


IMG_1485926261.730310.jpg
 
There is a blister looking bump on my fire shrimp, which has stayed through a molting. Any ideas what it is?
I'm pretty sure it's a parasitic pod of some sort that takes host on the shrimp. I've seen them on peppermint shrimps. If it's the same, supposedly you can cut them off if you're brave enough.
 
Oh man, looking more at isopods.. they are scary sounding and looking creatures. Can they infect fish?
 
The parasite infecting the shrimp will not infect your fish. Renee at @Lionfish Lair knows her isopods pretty well.
 
It remained in the same place after the molt?
 
Last edited:
Oh sorry, I got distracted yesterday. I'm actually not sure. It's not in a place one commonly finds parasites.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new