Blood Orange Clownfish - Is this normal?

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
its 26th day in QT, so far both the clownfish seem fine and doing water change every 4 or 5 days, ammonia level is pretty low and also adding the seachem seed everyday to keep ammonia low.

Plan is to move it to the DT in 2 days, today I notice one of the fish swimming vertically many times in the (bottom to middle) corner of the tank (it use to be inside the pvc pipe pretty much except for eating), now that the other clown fish came to his spot in the pvc and this fish out I see him swim vertically. Can't tell what's going on or is this normal.

fish appearance looks normal though. any suggestion what my next step would be. thanks.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one other question:
since I read CP is not effective for Brooklynella, I have this fishes in CP for 26 days and don't see any sign of ick or white spots on them can I assume its free of Brooklynella?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Also , my clowns swim vertically while they sleep. They host a corner of my tank instead of the nice RBTA I got for them lol

They do strange things these clowns.

Look for signs of illness. Heavy breathing, sores, weird spots , not eating , stringy white poop etc and treat accordingly

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they look fine and eating I am sure they are fine from any disease at this point. Also my clownfish constantly hang vertically in the corner. They are funny fish, Actually that is how they sleep every night. Just look out for for if they lathargic, not coming over to eat etc.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The clownfishes are in the DT for over 3 weeks, there was a lot of fight in the beginning days and its reduced now a days, each stay different side of the tank that tells me they are not pair (or at-least not yet) wonder if both are female.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back