Blood Red Fire Shrimp Attacked by Fish

bbiehler99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall, I have 2 clowns and recently added a springeri damsel and yellow Coris wrasse to my tank. They’ve been in the tank Since Sunday and last night my blood red fire shrimp had molted. I think one of the new fish (most likely the yellow Coris) attacked the shrimp after its molt and was vulnerable. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought they were reef safe. I don’t think it was the damsel since it’s so small and I don’t think it was the clowns sine they’ve gotten along with the shrimp for multiple months now. But would love to hear if anyone has any insight.
 
Hey yall, I have 2 clowns and recently added a springeri damsel and yellow Coris wrasse to my tank. They’ve been in the tank Since Sunday and last night my blood red fire shrimp had molted. I think one of the new fish (most likely the yellow Coris) attacked the shrimp after its molt and was vulnerable. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought they were reef safe. I don’t think it was the damsel since it’s so small and I don’t think it was the clowns sine they’ve gotten along with the shrimp for multiple months now. But would love to hear if anyone has any insight.
How small is the shrimp? It most definitely was a the yellow coris wrasse.
 
Hey yall, I have 2 clowns and recently added a springeri damsel and yellow Coris wrasse to my tank. They’ve been in the tank Since Sunday and last night my blood red fire shrimp had molted. I think one of the new fish (most likely the yellow Coris) attacked the shrimp after its molt and was vulnerable. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought they were reef safe. I don’t think it was the damsel since it’s so small and I don’t think it was the clowns sine they’ve gotten along with the shrimp for multiple months now. But would love to hear if anyone has any insight.

The shrimp is actually quite big it was the first thing I added to my tank and I let it grow a bit. Probably length wise the size of my female clown. About 2 inches long if not more with big whiskers.
 
Hey yall, I have 2 clowns and recently added a springeri damsel and yellow Coris wrasse to my tank. They’ve been in the tank Since Sunday and last night my blood red fire shrimp had molted. I think one of the new fish (most likely the yellow Coris) attacked the shrimp after its molt and was vulnerable. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought they were reef safe. I don’t think it was the damsel since it’s so small and I don’t think it was the clowns sine they’ve gotten along with the shrimp for multiple months now. But would love to hear if anyone has any insight.
How small is the shrimp? It most definitely was a the yellow coris wrasse.
Shrimp is about 2-2.5 inches long with long whiskers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new