Blood Red Fire Shrimp Molting

  • Thread starter Thread starter elorablue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
1,762
Reaction score
5,170
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, I have a couple of questions regarding my shrimp. I've had him/her for about 6 weeks in my 20g tank. In that time he's molted 4 times! He molted the first night, which I believe is common, and 3 times since , the latest being last night.
So, is this excessive or is he just getting fat? LOL. I always make sure he gets plenty to eat.
Also, is it necessary to remove the molt from the tank? I ask because he always leaves it in a very inaccessible spot so I've only managed to remove one molt.

Thanks for any info and thoughts
 
mine molts about every 3 weeks. They molt more when they are younger compared to when they are older.
I dont remove the molt, it is just pure calcium, it will dissolve in a day.
 
Ok excellent thanks!!
Yes he's just a young'un so that makes sense then.
pure calcium? That's interesting to know. It does break down very quickly I've noticed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new