Blotched Anthia/Odontanthias borbonius

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
7
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super interested in one of these fish, mainly due to the coloration! What makes them so rare and pricey? I know they are deep water fish naturally, is that the only reason why? I just see prices at some of these places and it’s unreal. Why are they $400+ most places? I can get one for under $300 though!
 
They are usually 700, we have them right now for 350. Deepwater fish require real diving to capture them... that involves expensive equipment, more skilled fishermen, and alot more luck.

FYI almost every "expensive" fish is a deepwater fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new