Blue algae?

timmyrules

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a very small nano tank. It has always had a green hair algae problem…the light isn’t very strong in there, I think its like 1.5 watts or something…but recently the green hair algae has been randomly turning blue. Does anyone know why it’s turning blue?

875A19CE-DC09-47BB-B7A6-F6C139DCAC91.jpeg 767881A7-5D55-41F1-93EA-D2BEE3E3B0E5.jpeg

OP
OP
T

timmyrules

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok, the colored rocks are there because it was a freshwater tank for a few years before it was a saltwater tank…and I didn’t mind the look of them, so I left them there when I turned it into a saltwater tank.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok, the colored rocks are there because it was a freshwater tank for a few years before it was a saltwater tank…and I didn’t mind the look of them, so I left them there when I turned it into a saltwater tank.
I would remove them if you have livestock... given that it's such a small tank, I would be concerned about the paint chipping and decomposing, causing the water to get polluted. It's your choice, but that's what I would do.

OP
OP
T

timmyrules

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think I’ll remove the rocks the next time I do a water change. The only livestock in there is a very small clown fish and a hermit crab.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back