Blue coral banded shrimp

robreefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a waiting list to get some blue coral bandeds for my 20gal reef tank. I'm wondering if I get 2 of them at a small size, will they fight or pair up? I know most shrimp are both male and female at the same time. I've also heard coral bandeds don't always play well together. I like to feed my fish and coral well so there are plenty of bristol worms and leftovers for them to eat.

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a waiting list to get some blue coral bandeds for my 20gal reef tank. I'm wondering if I get 2 of them at a small size, will they fight or pair up? I know most shrimp are both male and female at the same time. I've also heard coral bandeds don't always play well together. I like to feed my fish and coral well so there are plenty of bristol worms and leftovers for them to eat.
If they are not a male/female pair, they will likely fight until only one is left. Luckily, they are easy to pair and visually sex. What I suggest is to get one and determine which sex it is, then you know which to look for going forward to get a pair. That’s what I’m doing currently. I have a male and am just on the lookout of a female.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back