Blue flasher wrasse hiding without eat

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I got a 3ft shallow tank with 3 existing wrasse inside, the pintail, lubbock and a pink streaked wrasse. Last friday i gotten myself a blue flasher wrasse, i make sure the size is slightly larger than the pintail & lubbock. On the first 3 days i still can see it swim out, it does ate pellets & mysis. But after that on the 4th day started it just keep hiding.
I tried to place pellets/mysis in front of its hideout also doesn't entice it to eat.
There isn't any visible injuries nor there is any bullied/harassments from the other wrasse. The only thing that happened is the pink streaked wrasse will occasionally check him out that's all.

In this stage, should I just leave & observe OR i should catch it and put it inside a qt box first?

Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be concerned with illness if you didn't quarantine prior to adding to tank. Removing and putting into am observation tank might be your best route.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be shy, could be a sign of cyanide collection. The use of an acclimation box will help either way.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be concerned with illness if you didn't quarantine prior to adding to tank. Removing and putting into am observation tank might be your best route.

True to be told, I didn't. As the store I bought usually they got a pre-quarantine session. Thus I got much confidence on that. Although still possess a risk :grinning-face-with-sweat:

cyanide collection

I doubted is the later. The fish already been in the store for about 2 weeks before I bought it.

Should I just observe it a day or 2 before transfer it to qt?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True to be told, I didn't. As the store I bought usually they got a pre-quarantine session. Thus I got much confidence on that. Although still possess a risk :grinning-face-with-sweat:

I doubted is the later. The fish already been in the store for about 2 weeks before I bought it.

Should I just observe it a day or 2 before transfer it to qt?
Cyanide poisoning can take a month to kill. Yes observe for a while. Check for any spots and if it’s eating well. Also how it reacts to the other fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back