Blue gorgonian sea fan.

NanoReeferLancashire

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
23
Location
Lancashire England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Was sold a gorgonian sea fan as above, for just £10. I was given it cheap as it had a bit of die back.

I've put it in a moderate to high flow area and hoping it can recover.

I feed reef roads, k coral, reef snow and other fish foods frozen and dried.

Are there any tips or advice how I might help this little guy?

Many thanks in advance.

The first pic is this morning it's not open as much as yesterday.

Second pic was taken yesterday.

Been in tank since Saturday.

16424126578366122021750817398998.jpg 20220115_130335.jpg
 
Looks a lot more like a yellow finger gorgonian. These aren't sps they are NPS. Low light, moderate flow. Continue feeding foods for filter feeders a couple times a week.
 
Looks a lot more like a yellow finger gorgonian. These aren't sps they are NPS. Low light, moderate flow. Continue feeding foods for filter feeders a couple times a week.
Strange, ad its got blue polyps of am I being too thick?

My lighting is only low asbits standard led that came with the 94l reef and river. Yes decent flow areanis where i placed it as did a bit of reading.

I'll continue feeding etc and hope it perks up.

thanks for the reply.

Thanks for reply.
 
Strange, ad its got blue polyps of am I being too thick?

My lighting is only low asbits standard led that came with the 94l reef and river. Yes decent flow areanis where i placed it as did a bit of reading.

I'll continue feeding etc and hope it perks up.

thanks for the reply.

Thanks for reply.
Sorry for typos...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new