Blue/green chromis: success?

I started with 5 and went down to 2 and the 2 have been together for 3 years and for the most part stay together
 
They’re touchy especially after ship and often develop skin issues. Best us to freshwater dip and give them a formaldehyde based bath before introduction
 
i have one that hangs out with my clown fish they are buddies when my two yellow damsels don't chase him around or my 6 line. but my 6 line is a jerk. my blue green is pretty timid. i just dumped mine in and had him for over a year
 
I bought 8 blue green to start my tank . One must have had a hard time with the transition from pet store to my tank and got pulled in to my wave maker. Down to 7 ! One year later a fellow reefer was taking his tank down and selling

everything. He had 1 chromis so I gave him $20 for it. Today they are all accounted for plus there eggs have hatched and the fry are in my sump no clue how many but there is a lot about 1/4 inch long.
 
They don't school …. at least not in a home aquarium.
Mine school in my 200 gallon and don't fight at all. I quarantined them in small 3 small groups at different times. Started with 3 and ended at 8. Each time the new additions instantly swam to the others and began to school. I have heard lots of stories with bad luck. I guess I got lucky because mine all get a long and they help divert aggression between the other fish. Also, they do school with the 3 lyretail anthias I have as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new