Blue Hornets, Icefire, Ricordea, Jumbo Dendros, Insane Acans, ... Need I say more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best shipment of the year is in and ready to go.
Entire Ice/Fire Echinata... Insane
Closeup:
icefire1.jpg

Colony:
icefire.jpg

These acans just blow my mind
Uno:
acan1-4.jpg

Dos:
acan3-3.jpg

Tres:
acan2-2.jpg

OP
OP
debutis

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no... Definitely not done yet!
Couple beautiful Ric colonies!
ric1.jpg

My favorite:
ric2.jpg

Jumbo polyped Dendros:
dendro2.jpg

dendro1.jpg

And last but definitely not least.. The African Blues just waking up:
hornets.jpg

Last edited:

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see some dendros back on the market, I haven't seen them at any retailers for some time now. How big are the polyps when full expanded?

Not to bash your corals but do they typically come in with just the tip of the polyp with live tissue or do some still have the entire skeleton orange? This same thing happened to my colony but that was due to algae collecting around the base. I'm trying to figure out if it is typical for them to succumb to this type of die-off.

OP
OP
debutis

debutis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see some dendros back on the market, I haven't seen them at any retailers for some time now. How big are the polyps when full expanded?

Not to bash your corals but do they typically come in with just the tip of the polyp with live tissue or do some still have the entire skeleton orange? This same thing happened to my colony but that was due to algae collecting around the base. I'm trying to figure out if it is typical for them to succumb to this type of die-off.

Typically they come in with some white around the edges on their skeleton. Most of it is due to being banged around during shipping, and they recover just fine. However, when the polyps aren't extending at all, I generally cut the whole polyp out and glue it to a frag plug to see if it'll make it on it's own. These guys are already beginning to polyp out and look pretty good so I'm confident it was just shipping related.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back