Blue leg hermit crabs disapp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Plesoine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Plesoine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
87
Reaction score
17
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 Gallon Reef Tank. I continue to add Blue Leg Hermit Crabs and can never find any after a couple days. Not even shells for those who say they molt. The entire crab is gone !! I had a Brtitle Star and removed and added 50 and all gone. Is it Possible a very Large Chevon Tang or Lieutenant Tang ate the entire crab. I have have seen both both Tangs bother them but not actually eat them . I don't know where else they could go ?
 
mine like to go deep in the rockwork. even in my 40 breeder it's not easy to find them, they should turn up at some point, maybe look around with a flashlight at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new