Blue Life clear FX Pro

jdaven22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any reviews of this stuff?

I do not have any plans for any reactors and the premise of this seems very compelling. Any recommendations that is along the lines of this product?

Let me know your thoughts. Good, bad, or otherwise.

Thanks all....

Texasnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had sum for two weeks, I haven't used it yet. I wanna take my carbon out of the reactor and replace it

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm intrigued by it. Sounds like it might be a nice step up for us that are using Chemi Pure Elite. Where can I pick some up?

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u think this would help get rid of cyano or dinoflagellettes?
Some of my zoas have this brown film that keeps growing on thier webbing or connecting tissue and once it gets on top of the polyp the zoas melt..

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used this stuff for 3 months in 3 different size sw tanks. All with good perimiters but still had cyano and HA. it not only didn't work but in the 24g nano it got much worse. I also have an RO/DI system in place so my "tap" water had nothing to do with it. Nor do the tanks get over fed.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used this stuff for 3 months in 3 different size sw tanks. All with good perimiters but still had cyano and HA. it not only didn't work but in the 24g nano it got much worse. I also have an RO/DI system in place so my "tap" water had nothing to do with it. Nor do the tanks get over fed.

Hello, I was wondering if you are still using the product? I've been wanting to try this and there isn't a whole lot of actual feedback on it that I can find on the net. I like to be lazy at times so like Chemipure, I can just toss a bag in a high flow area and be done with it. Just from what I've gathered its a little different the chemipure, as it has the two different resins in it.

My thoughts in your situation is you say it has nothing to do with our tap water or what you feed, but how else are the nutrients entering your system?

Anyone else have any feedback after using it?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO Chemipure elite is better than this product.

Before I had my RO/DI unit and a different tank it came from my water and rooted in my LR. I thought I got it out of the rock and reused it in my new tanks. The smallest amount of food can add phosphates back in the water and your water column does need some* to bind with the magnesium. So since there is a very low amount the HA will come back from root.

I have had and still having much better success running rowaphos, brs rox and brightwells version of bio pellets with microbactor7. The HA is at a minimum and under control via snails and hermits. I did get spots of cyano but that is due to dead spots with flow. This I cured by moving my PH just enough to change flow direction and alternate the wave sequence once a week. Also, right before I do that I take my trusty turkey baster and blow all the crud off and out if the rocks (having a clean filter bag in place). I let the tank run for 2 days then change out the filter bag. The corals love this change of flow direction also ;)

125g mixed reef Peninsula

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see below the tank is crystal clear and no visible HA.
uploadfromtaptalk1348523748747.jpg

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Nice tank but the pic is too small I can't see all your nice fish and corals!

My thoughts on Chemipure Elite vs. Clear FX pro is that they are basically the same thing, but the Clear FX pro has another resin that the chemipure doesn't have. Also, since their are lots of different types of manufactured resins couldn't one of higher quality be more efficient? I have no proof the Blue Life product's is I am just trying to wrap my head around this.

I don't mind a little algae, I have some cyano that I've been trying to remove the old fashioned way by just changing my husbandry practices, moving the flow around, etc. and think I need to try one of the medias. I don't want to change a GFO and or carbon reactor every month, etc etc.

Here is my tank from the other day. Most of the cyano I have is on the rocks. Phosphates test at .03 right now with a colormeter but I'm sure there is more feeding the cyano than just that. My Chaeto grows like a champ and there is none in the fuge or sump area.

Reef09112012pics004.jpg

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the picture. It seems my phone reduced it :/

I agree... that's why I tried it. Everyones water is different and it does seem to work well for some people. In my case I used it in 3 tanks and didn't have as much success as with the Rowaphos. In one of the small tanks the HA actually got much worse with this product. This was a JBJ24 BioCube. All 3 of my tanks each have very different filtration from each other so I am pretty sure this is a factor in the degree of success also.

cwk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for months. It's good stuff. Keeps my PO4 between 0.04 - 0.07 and the water is sparkling clear. I didn't want to deal with different filtration media all the time. This combines everything you need and it's just one bag.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back