Blue lincia starfish or brittle starfish

Daniel corona

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2017
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what starfish I should get a blue linkia or brittle starfish
I have a reef tank
Advice?
 
I have never been able to keep a linka starfish alive for any length of time. They seem to be quite picky eaters.

Brittle stars will scavange, and are actually very personable. I had a 10" leg guy who would come out and grab food from my hand...

Man that makes me one to get a brittle star, thanks for the help
 
Well if you like your coralline then don't get a brittle star bc they will eat the coralline
 
I have a serpent star, Sally, and she will "come out" for dinner (stick her arms out). Plenty of coralline algae, she hasn't bothered it, she prefers meat (clam).
 
I'd like to get a clarification, do you mean serpent starfish? Brittle starfish are typically much smaller and will most likely show up in your tank regardless. Anywho, go with a serpent as linckia starfish (as with most starfish in this hobby IME) are tough to keep long term.
 
I have a serpent star, Sally, and she will "come out" for dinner (stick her arms out). Plenty of coralline algae, she hasn't bothered it, she prefers meat (clam).

That’s really cool , thanks for sharing
 
I'd like to get a clarification, do you mean serpent starfish? Brittle starfish are typically much smaller and will most likely show up in your tank regardless. Anywho, go with a serpent as linckia starfish (as with most starfish in this hobby IME) are tough to keep long term.

Are the serpent starfish the big ones ?
 
My serpent starfish is definitely a big one. She's probably 6 - 8 inches if I spread her arms out.

cd25f6beada5e28ff05a5c8172816a35.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new