• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blue Scrawled Cowfish named Doodle

Item Price
250
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

coralmonsters.judy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2025
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
1,152
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
My fellow reefers,

Alright, let’s talk about the awesome Blue Scrawled Cowfish (about 7 inches). This guy needs his own thread! Not sure if he is male or female for the record.

So I’ve got this guy I call Doodle—a super cool Blue Scrawled Cowfish I collected myself. He’s got a ton of personality, always doing something goofy.
I actually sold four of these last week, so now I’m down to just two. Still need to come up with a name for the other one!

You can spot these fish a mile away—they’ve got boxy bodies, little horns, and those wild blue scribbles all over them. Totally unique!

They’re usually pretty chill and curious, just cruising around the tank. Super fun to watch, whether you’re new to the hobby or have been at it forever.At first, they might be a little shy, but once they settle in, they’re really entertaining and have their own weird little ways of moving around.Just grabbed a few pics to show you all, and I’ll put together a new video soon—plus I’ve got some older ones of Doodle I’ll toss in too.They eat pretty much everything—shrimp, squid, clams, mysis, even krill and some seaweed stuff. Mix it up and they’ll stay happy and healthy.Best to feed them a few times a day so they keep looking awesome and stay in top shape.

Judy

cowfish blue scrawled (1).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (2).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (3).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (4).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (5).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (6).JPG cowfish blue scrawled (7).JPG
 
They do not typically eat coral. I would worry more about him eating small invertebrates. If you are asking me if I would put a scrawled cowfish in my reef tank... probably not... Do I have clients who successfully keep scrawled cowfish against my advice and have no problems, yes, I do :0 )
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new