Blue spotted jawfish QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter flinster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

flinster

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
71
Reaction score
35
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of blue spot jawfish currently in QT. I was a little worried about how to best make them comfortable without a deep sand bed and rocks. I made a little house out of PCV. So far one of the two has taken a liking to it. Plan is to keep reef tank around 75 and see how they do.
20260405_132602_B1A60BA7-720E-4F6C-9684-747337F64EC8.png
 
what a little cutie!. Most recommend a container deep enough to hold a few inches of sand when QT fish that burrow although you seem to have something that works. The reason why you don't use a full sand bed in a QT is that it will absorb copper which may not be beneficial in the long run.
Yes I am aware of the copper absorption which is why I chose the PVC structure. Seems to be working well so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new