Blue Spotted Puffer quit eating

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So had this guy for a few months and everything was good, he lived with a Huma Huma but the trigger jumped as I forgot the lid one day and since then the puffer has quit eating, he was eating about anything following the Huma Huma, mainly mysis and rods frozen foods. He is in a tank that had quit a few creepy crawly bristol worms and they are all gone or I don't see them anymore. But at nite, I can see him patroling looking for them but at feeding time and for the better part of the whole day he just chills in the rocks out of sight. Any ideas on what I could try and feed him to snap out of it? He never messes with the snails, crabs or the cleaner shrimp in the tank and hell I even saw a peppermint shrimp that I thought was long dead a few days ago, ideas?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Time for water test then water change. They generally don't just shut down unless chemistry has changed. Can be as simple as salinity. Calibrate and recheck salinity

OP
OP
rcillig

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill check but last week everything was fine, was going to do water change this weekend. Ill just do it tomorrow and run tests.

OP
OP
rcillig

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so did a water change and nothing but today I got some frozen blood worms, he tore into them so I’m not sure what it was but he are a full cube of blood worms . I’m very relieved he is eating again.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep water quality pristine and now that he is eating, soak his food in Selcon or Zoecon and feed vitamin enriched foods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcillig

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wanted to say thanks, not sure what it was but he is eating again... frozen bloodworms are his new favorite food. Will eat a whole cube him self... love watching him chaise them around the current. He also is waiting for them when I get home, crazy how it’s changed from nothing to eating anything.

B4BC486D-468E-4AFE-BF48-6D6E475EB60C.jpeg 19EA2BCC-C8F4-4859-BAEA-50FC292CF6F5.jpeg

Back