Blue tang ich

kshitijspencer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey eveyone, so just a little update on the blue tang. Shes eating normal and everything is normal....but since i introduced a new baby maroon clown to the tank...i noticed 2 white spots on the tang....and i thought itll just vanish cause it usually did ...(it rarely ever appeared) . I think it did cause i rearranged the rocks a little cause my other maroon was being mean to the new Maroon. Soo yeah...and after a week i see ...shes covered in ich, shes still the fattest and most aggressive fisb and still is really active for food. And i just have one coral and 2 hermits ....soo my question is that do i just wait for some more time or use cupramine in the display system as i have very little inverts or i tear down the tank and set up a quarantine and catch all my 7 fishes which are 2 maroon clowns , porcupine puffer, powder blue, blue tang, Desjardini sailfin and smoke angel and put them in quarantine:(

20210331_223354.jpg 20210331_223420.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Although it appears as ich, it could also be brooklynella although regarded as Clown disease can affect other fish.
Do realize it were ich, leaving in the tank with especially a powder blue tang is a risk to others getting infected. For that, a qt tank would be warranted
So is it brooklynella? Let’s get another opinion @Jay Hemdal

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kshitijspencer

kshitijspencer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although it appears as ich, it could also be brooklynella although regarded as Clown disease can affect other fish.
Do realize it were ich, leaving in the tank with especially a powder blue tang is a risk to others getting infected. For that, a qt tank would be warranted
So is it brooklynella? Let’s get another opinion @Jay Hemdal
Hi there, just an update....the blue tang has lesser white spots today .....i fed her nori and brine shrimp in garlic juice and the normal hikari pellets....shes still as active as ever and no other fish in the tank has any spots on them. Visually she looks better today. But ill be waiting on some advice,

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back