Blue tik

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about worms (I'm sorry but I'll never understand this stance and i get no enjoyment out of them at all but I'm at least trying to create something natural, worms n all), just buy dry rock and maybe a bottle of bacteria to put in to populate it (although I think time does this all by itself) so the bacteria can populate and start the nitrification process

OP
OP
K

kymgrant6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about worms (I'm sorry but I'll never understand this stance and i get no enjoyment out of them at all but I'm at least trying to create something natural, worms n all), just buy dry rock and maybe a bottle of bacteria to put in to populate it (although I think time does this all by itself) so the bacteria can populate and start the nitrification process
Thank you I may just do that x

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not because of the bristle worm. We had 10 that we know off. But when the live rock was put it fish started dying and so far we have lost 8 even though the water was tested and all ok!
Bristle worms creep me out! And one was huge…. But we have taken live rock out now and going back to basics
When you say tested and all ok, what are your parameters? How long was the rock out of water before it was put in with the fish? Live rock will have organics that die off, which in return will cause a cycle to occur. I would bet that the ammonia spike is what is causing your fish to die.

OP
OP
K

kymgrant6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say tested and all ok, what are your parameters? How long was the rock out of water before it was put in with the fish? Live rock will have organics that die off, which in return will cause a cycle to occur. I would bet that the ammonia spike is what is causing your fish to die.
The live rock was bought from aquatic shop and was gently introduced to tank in bag of original salt water.
Yes ammonia level spiked, our fault as we are new keepers and expected it to be ok as bought from a reputable shop.
X

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back