Blueberry Gorgonian

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
161
Reaction score
167
Location
Sherman Oaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a blueberry gorgonian, but there mini colony is too big for my tank. I'm thinking of fragging a couple of pieces and giving to an LFS, and keeping a small piece to grow out. Does anyone have suggestion on how to frag? When I bought it I was told I should not expose it to air? Any help/suggestions are appreciated - thank you!
 
Srry for the bad pic but this gorgonian is growing for about a year.
It's really time to frag but im kinda afraid as this is my first time.
This guide says to simply cut the main colony but should I do something or it will heal with time?
20231202_102922.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new