OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed them because they don't have a support number. I find it sketchy ordering something like this from someone you can't reach. Phone numbers are a thing of the past.
It is difficult, as the guy who creates them is located in canada. But I ordered from him direct from the website with no issues :)

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve's LED's has one open box. It has a small crack in the case. Rapid LED is out and Blue Fish won't respond after 4 emails. Sucks, seems like a nice controller but terrible business.

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this controller and it works great but I have no idea how to keep settings or even have it stay on. It acts as though it is mimicking a location for about ten minutes and then the lights turn off. Any ideas?

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to add this to others interested for more information.

Bluefish LED CONTROLLER
$195.00 USD

Control your lighting from your phone or tablet! Bluefish LED controller is an app-enabled (Android/iOS), Wi-Fi connected device that can control a multitude of lighting products. With Bluefish, you can even control many LED products that do not have dimming interfaces or dimmable drivers. Simulate real world locations for realistic weather effects, sunrise/sunset, moon phases and more.

In the box:

– Bluefish Lighting Controller
– 12V power supply (100-240V 50/60Hz Type A)
– 3 x control cables
– Electric Imp WiFi card
Quickstart Guide
User Manual

Control cables can connect directly to Kessil A360, Kessil A160, Bluefish solderless DIY Breakout, Power Dimmer, and some other lighting products. They can be cut and stripped for direct connection to dimmable drivers. They are 3.5mm mini-audio (headphone) style connectors. Click here for wiring info for connection to DIY setups.

Category: Bluefish Modules
Description
app-mockup-render-resize.jpg

wifi.png

Built-in Wi-Fi connection means you are up and running in a snap. No messing with long runs of ethernet cable or finicky Wi-Fi gateways. The cloud connection means your device is instantly accessible from anywhere, with no router configuration necessary.

compatibility.png

Bluefish is the most versatile lighting controller on the market. It can output 0-10V, 0-5V, 5V PWM, and 10V PWM. Each channel is independently configurable. Voltage selection is made by hardware jumpers, and PWM on/off is an app setting.

Bluefish can directly control:

*Please note that some features may be limited by your LED product or driver because of dimming limits or slow responsiveness. For DIY LED builds, we highly recommend Mean Well LDD drivers to get full functionality from your controller.

and paired with the Power Dimmer accessory, you can control:

• Ecoxotic Stunner LED strips
  • Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED modules
  • Current USA TrueLumen LED strips
  • Current USA Orbit Marine fixtures

location-simulation.png

Bluefish makes it easy to replicate the lighting conditions of any location, using actual weather data in real time! Just choose a city, and optionally use the current weather conditions (clouds, storms, etc), sunrise/sunset times (dynamic photo-period), and moon phase! Powered by Wunderground.com

weather-simulation.png

Bluefish simulates unique cloud cover patterns using the current weather conditions from your simulated location. Unique weather conditions include clear, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy, scattered clouds, rain, haze, overcast, and thunderstorm.

webcam-views.png

Integrate the video feed from webcams directly into the app! Check up on your tank, make changes remotely, or just have fun showing off….start a thunderstorm and watch the action from anywhere!

storms.png

Start a thunderstorm from the app and lighting strikes are synchronized with audio from a real thunderstorm. Connect your phone or tablet wireless to a Bluetooth speaker for maximum effect!

easy-setup.png

Wi-Fi configuration is extremely quick and easy. Select your network, enter the password, then hold the screen of your mobile device to the sensor on top of the Bluefish device. Your mobile device sends the configuration by flashing the screen (think Morse code). In about 10 seconds, your Bluefish controller is online and accessible from anywhere. Absolutely no router configuration necessary! Programming your light schedule and customizing your channels is a snap.

encrypted.png

Bluefish was created with your security in mind. End-to-end SSL encryption protects your data from prying eyes, and your settings are stored securely in the cloud.

blueport-expansion.png

Not only is Bluefish an awesome lighting controller, it’s also the base for a complete aquarium controller. Add-on devices connect to the main unit through the BluePort connector. All accessible from anywhere through your mobile device!

• 6 channel output by 0-10V analog, 5V PWM, or 10V PWM via 3.5mm stereo audio connectors
  • • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
    • 20MHz 11n channels, 1 x 1
    • +16.75dBm max output power (802.11b)
    • -97dBm typical sensitivity (1Mbps)
    • Integrated antenna with 2.5dBi max gain
  • 32-bit Cortex M3 processor
  • Robust embedded operating system with fail-safe automatic firmware updates
  • 4096 steps (12-bit PWM) of individual LED brightness control.
  • Op-amp and low-pass filter (software-selectable) for linear 0-10v output
  • 12V DC switching power adapter
  • BluePort expansion connector
  • 128KB EEPROM
  • Overvoltage and overcurrent protection

I have this controller and have been trying to set it up for a couple weeks. My app doesn't look anything like what you have posted and I can't find any way to save settings or find information on the different settings. I'm lost on how to get this functioning to its potential. I have not heard back from anyone for support and can't log into nano-reef for the forum. I need help from someone that has used and knows this controller with success. Thanks for your time!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this controller and have been trying to set it up for a couple weeks. My app doesn't look anything like what you have posted and I can't find any way to save settings or find information on the different settings. I'm lost on how to get this functioning to its potential. I have not heard back from anyone for support and can't log into nano-reef for the forum. I need help from someone that has used and knows this controller with success. Thanks for your time!
Hi, I haven't owned this for a while now but I'll do my best. It's possible the app has been updated since I got rid of it. But from my memory, once you put in a setting it saved and applied the setting automatically. Make sure your connected to your bluefish, you can still access the app but not be connected to the bluefish.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did the whole setup where you hold your phone to the wifi card and everything right?

Ljshelby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing with this Bluefish for a month now trying to control my colors on my A360we, I should have started with this form first 2 channels (color) (intensity) got it!

drodge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the company is still going or if have issues going on? I've been using mine for years and love it. I recently wanted to add another tablet and can't log in to the app. I've tried resetting the password, but can't. The routine I have setup is working fine, but I can't get into the app and can't reach support.

For those asking about the product, it's been absolutely awesome. I bought a used Red Sea setup with flakey incandescents and built a custom setup using a bluefish controller. I used the Rapid LED heatstinks and plug-in LED's for simplicity and it went together easily and I've been using it successfully for several years For those worried about going straight LED, everyone told me corals won't grow with LED and they are most definitely wrong. Everything I put in the tank thrives (with the exception of stony's, which are so-so). Everything else thrives. I have a small tank and things outgrow it quickly, so I make a good side business selling corals back the LFS.

Tewhitte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having issues with the app letting you log on but then hanging up? It just tries to load when you click on the menus. It was working great until yesterday

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back