Bluespot Jawfish: Tips and Tricks

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcpiv93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rcpiv93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
280
Reaction score
251
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am planning a 45g fimbriaphyllia dominated tank. That said, I would like to cater the tank to the needs of a Bluespot Jawfish. I've only had one in the past, and he didn't last very long.

My understanding is that I will need a deeper sandbed than usual, rubble rock available for the building of his den, as well as lower temperatures--my thought is 73-74 degrees.

Does anyone have any other tips or tricks to keep a bluespot longterm?
 
A good lid and lower temps 🙂
Yes. I have a Kraken lid on order. As for the temps, do I need to go lower than 73-74? Anything colder and I don't think the coral would like too much!
 
I had mine for a long time at 72ish. You'll love the Kraken lids, I have them on all my tanks.
I have a @Top_Lids on my Proclear and I'm not thrilled with it...not for $600! No matter what I do, the netting keeps detaching, leaving a half inch opening in the back. I fix it, and by the end of the week, the opening is back :/

So, I am looking forward to giving Kraken a try!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new