Bluh Cyno

Sethdarkus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so apparently I mixed up my waste water container with my water change container for a total of two water changes, one each week and I think the cause of it is this little issue. My tank water smells a bit funny, did a 25% water change to hopefully balance out the 20% I screwed up. I use a turtle clean 318 filter in my nano to serve as a safe and effective power head for circulation, I clean it once a month on average but man did that thing had some gunk I neglected the last week and I just cleaned it so hopefully my cyno goes Away. It’s hard stuck to every surface and I can’t vacuum it so I added some codium as a counter measure

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you keep a bucket of waste water laying around??? Im confused.

Hopefully issue goes away.

OP
OP
Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you keep a bucket of waste water laying around??? Im confused.

Hopefully issue goes away.
I keep a jug of nutri seawater around for 10-20% quick water changes and use a empty nutri seawater for waste water however I did write waste water on the cap thinking it was possible to mix them up months ago. lol, I do have a bucket of coral pro salt however my mixing heater isn’t working ordered a new one however I think it is in tracking limbo because it’s less than 2 hours away and has been on departed for over 24 hours. So I really can’t mix saltwater till I get that heater, it’s $60 dollars at local stores $17 from amazon lol. I feel like fish stores rip us off on equipment because everything filter/heater/sometimes lights are often way more expensive than on say amazon for same brand/manufacturer. So the only thing I do buy is live stock,plants or fish food and worms for my turtle lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t done anything since I did that water change a few days ago. Red slime and cyno are going away so I guess a filter not being cleaned for a month was my issue well that and the codium is in the center of pest algae

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back