Bobf216's new 40 breeder reef build

were the pictures taken with the kessil on?
Yes, the coral plus helps to balance the blue out and gives the tank a nice whitish blue light. It has a metal halide looking shimmer but I turned the power heads off so the surface agitation was gone so the shimmer stops.
 
Yes, the coral plus helps to balance the blue out and gives the tank a nice whitish blue light. It has a metal halide looking shimmer but I turned the power heads off so the surface agitation was gone so the shimmer stops.
that combo works well i like the overall color.
 
Definitely looks awesome! Did you finish the overall built in yet? Doing something similar looking for my next tank.
 
Niiice what happened to your sand and the right side gsp?
 
Niiice what happened to your sand and the right side gsp?
I had to turn the power heads up and the sand got pushed away from the glass. And the green star polyps on the right took over the whole side and started creeping in the sand so I trimmed them and gave some to a friend and decided to watch them grow again lol they grow so fast
 
Definitely looks awesome! Did you finish the overall built in yet? Doing something similar looking for my next tank.



Here is the built in. I still have not gotten around to staining the drawer faces but if I were to do it again, I would build a standalone stand that you can see more than just one side.
 
Short Video update

Here is a short clip of my tank.

[video=youtube_share;2lUQRCrBxZA]http://youtu.be/2lUQRCrBxZA[/video]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new