Bob's 45g Cube Build

B.O.B. 2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been checking out all the great cube tanks in this forum for inspiration for my own cube build. I wanted to do something different than the regular tanks that I've had in the past. My starting point is a Marineland 45g frameless cube. I liked the 24"x24" footprint and that is was 6" shorter than the 60g cube. I had an overflow box made and put it in the back center. I also made my own stand as I hate bending over to look at the tank (made it 40" tall). I am using T-5 lighting in a canopy that's open on top for good airflow. Now onto the pics...
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG
 
Tank all set up.
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG


Now I just need to stock it. Moved a few fish and corals over another tank that I took down and used the equipment from.
 
Welcome toR2R. Nice tank B.O.B2;)
 
Nice! really cool scape! Thattank's a bit small for those tangs though :/
Still loving the look of this tank
 
Thanks everyone.
Oscaror- They def. can't stay in there long term, but will be ok until I get the 265 I'm building next!
 
Thanks jdpeters! The canopy is mounted to hangers on 1/2" galvinized pipe I painted black. The uprights are 36" now, going to change them to 48" soon to get more vertical flexibility with the canopy. Here are a couple pics without the tank so you can see them better.
IMG_0556.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
 
Looking really nice so far!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new