Bodacious Bodianus Atrolumbus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Palebar Hogfish is a rare fish for a few reasons. One is that no matter where you are, it has only two common names: Palebar and Gold Saddle. Almost every fish you can think of has a half dozen names or variations on this name. The second reason is that while it is a common fish within its range, its range is small and somewhat remote. Bodianus atrolumbus as it is known in scientific circles can be found on deep, rock and coral reefs of Madagascar, Reunion and Mascarene Islands in the southern west Indian Ocean.

In the wild, they eat hard shelled invertebrates like snails, urchins, crabs and gastropods like mollusks and scallops. As a result, some shelled food like GAMMA cockle in shell should be included in Bodianus atrolumbus diet. They will need this for digestive reasons and to help maintain their aggressive teeth. They are easy to feed and should start accepting pellet foods like those from Nutramar without much cajoling. Their diet should also include thawed, marine based meaty foods like silversides, krill, chopped fish and small, head on shrimp. Overfeeding these fish is easy, they don't need to be fed everyday if you are feeding them large meals. To Read More

hogupdate again.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back