Bold outgoing fish, or shy reclusive fish?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
619
Reaction score
571
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people prefer outgoing fish with lots of personality, but this can sometimes lead to having too many territorial or aggressive fish like clownfish, damsels, and angelfish. I think there are quite a few shy/reclusive fish in the market that also have great personalities, it just takes them a while to get comfortable enough in a new tank to show it. Some examples of these are dart fish, tile fish, marine bettas, or small goby species. I like to have a mix of both in a tank to make things interesting and behave more like a natural reef. Do you have a preference for one or the other?
 
I like bold fish. When friends want to see my tanks only the bold ones act normally. The shy ones disappear until the “strangers” are gone. It does amaze me that the fish can see and recognize us.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new