Bonjour French Hewbie! I visited Aquarium De Paris today!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am currently in Paris, France my first time overseas not counting be born in a different country! Everything is so different from
America and instantly I don’t even have to open my mouth everyone knows I’m a tourist. French Hewbie says Bonjour! Also the Paris Aquarium is relatively small but they do a lot of things shamed in this hobby. For instance their main display tank has starfish, clownfish, baby tangs, and more with large sharks and large fish. I saw some fish getting eaten. I am sure it happens a lot and that the small clownfish are scared and not happy to be with sharks. Our tanks are not and will never be the ocean. Also lots of coral with not reef-safe fish. The pufferfish was still adorable. And they had a tank leak and/or plumbing issues so we saw that and YIKES. I think this hobby is very much universal and not different in different cultures so I was very surprised to see what I saw today. But overall a great day at the aquarium, Louvre, and more! Tomorrow is the Eiffel Tower and shopping. Curious to hear other Americans thoughts on France and if any of you are French or have been to the Paris Aquarium or live in Paris/France.
IMG_3848.jpeg
IMG_3832.jpeg
IMG_3815.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and daughter enjoyed Paris. Everyone knew that they were tourists and a team of people lifted my wife’s wallet from her purse as they took the Metro train to see the city.
Please be careful and don’t feed the local wildlife, Hewbie’s excepted. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Summer Time GIF by Merge Mansion

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife and daughter enjoyed Paris. Everyone knew that they were tourists and a team of people lifted my wife’s wallet from her purse as they took the Metro train to see the city.
Please be careful and don’t feed the local wildlife, Hewbie’s excepted. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Summer Time GIF by Merge Mansion
Yes pick pocketing is so bad here! SO BAD! I bought a special purse and a purse lock for this reason.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all those issues the french aquarium is having, YOU, should be their director... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: JK.... But in all honesty I hope you are having a great time. I was supposed to go a couple years ago but couldn’t because my renewed passport came a week after I was supposed to leave. That's ok because I am Italian so I am genetically adversed to anything French... Again JK... not... wait? I should do standup...

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With all those issues the french aquarium is having, YOU, should be their director... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: JK.... But in all honesty I hope you are having a great time. I was supposed to go a couple years ago but couldn’t because my renewed passport came a week after I was supposed to leave. That's ok because I am Italian so I am genetically adversed to anything French... Again JK... not... wait? I should do standup...
Sorry to hear thankfully my passport came around two weeks before we went and the trip had been planned a month prior. So 3 weeks expedited thankfully or else I would’ve have to go to the passport people in Philly. And fyi you can contact your state representative as a last resort and have them rush your passport or get an emergency appointment. I realize that’s about the only super useful thing they are to me and most haha! The state department doesn’t want to prevent people or stop them from traveling because of passport delays/issues. They go on vacation too!:)

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear thankfully my passport came around two weeks before we went and the trip had been planned a month prior. So 3 weeks expedited thankfully or else I would’ve have to go to the passport people in Philly. And fyi you can contact your state representative as a last resort and have them rush your passport or get an emergency appointment. I realize that’s about the only super useful thing they are to me and most haha! The state department doesn’t want to prevent people or stop them from traveling because of passport delays/issues. They go on vacation too!:)
That is absolutely not true! In the time of post covid backlog the emergency appointments were filled up 6 weeks in advance. Wait that is not true, there was one opening in Puerto Rico the morning of my flight from LAX. What you are talking about was a different time or at least not 2 years ago.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is absolutely not true! In the time of post covid backlog the emergency appointments were filled up 6 weeks in advance. Wait that is not true, there was one opening in Puerto Rico the morning of my flight from LAX. What you are talking about was a different time or at least not 2 years ago.
That’s because everything shut down. I was told by multiple people that you can only get an emergency passport appointment if you have confirmed travel and tickets booked two weeks or less from the departure date of the trip and they will ask for proof of travel like plane tickets. And I mean people who have travel dates and have no passport or need to renew it and it doesn’t come in time or they need it in the next few days because of a family death or emergency in another country.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back