Bored during a storm

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we are going through a nice noreaster here in massachusetts and I was thinking about my future basement build I am planning. Going to be either 300-450 gallons with the fish room behind it. How do people heat these things? bunch of heaters in the sump or do you guys have those inline heaters?
 
My old 300 gallon just had a heater rated for a 300 plus tank in the sump. I also used the house temp to help regulate it as well. The more water the more it is stable with temp! Im doing the same with my 200 gallon now. Be safe with your storm! 🙂
 
My old 300 gallon just had a heater rated for a 300 plus tank in the sump. I also used the house temp to help regulate it as well. The more water the more it is stable with temp! Im doing the same with my 200 gallon now. Be safe with your storm! 🙂
so far its been a lot of hype for a little wind and rain
 
300 gallons, in the first compartment, 2, 600 watt digital heaters with cage, running off an INKBIRD wifi 306 dual probe controller.

The heaters are set at 79 and the bird, 78. So even if the INKBIRD fails, the heater itself becomes the second redundancy, otherwise INKBIRD is primary.

I also change out heaters every two heaters to be super safe, heat kills fast.
 
I have a 500 g display and my equipment room is an insulated shed. My tank has 2 300 watt titanium heaters that's it. And usually only one turns on.

I live in a pretty mild climate, I have more issues with heat. So although I have a central air conditioning, the room with the aquarium has a separate mini split that keeps that room in about 74 degrees all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new