Boron low

GarciaCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got back my icp test back from aquaforest and it says that my boron is too low. It came back at 3.07 and the recommended level is 4.05-5.00. I have the brightwell boron soloution. How much should I dose for a 53 gallon tank?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt dosing will make any noticeable difference to anything.

i do not know if Brightwell properly understands the dosing of their own product, but this is what they say:

"Each ml (~20 drops) of BoroChrōm will increase the concentration of boron ("") in 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of water by approximately 1.5 ppm (~0.075 ppm per drop)"

Thus, if you want a 2 ppm boost in 53 gallons, you'd add 71 mL of their product.

OP
OP
G

GarciaCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt dosing will make any noticeable difference to anything.

i do not know if Brightwell properly understands the dosing of their own product, but this is what they say:

"Each ml (~20 drops) of BoroChrōm will increase the concentration of boron ("") in 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of water by approximately 1.5 ppm (~0.075 ppm per drop)"

Thus, if you want a 2 ppm boost in 53 gallons, you'd add 71 mL of their product.

ok thanks. Another question is I am dosing Brightwell replenish and some elements on the icp came back high. It is Zinc, Molybdenum, and cobalt. Does that mean I should cut back on dosing replenish. I am dosing 5ml twice a week

OP
OP
G

GarciaCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high? I’d stop dosing it.

Guaranteed Analysis​

Zinc (min) 0.061 mg/oz.; Iron (min) 0.0063 mg/oz.; Manganese 0.00344 mg/oz.; (min)
Cobalt (min) 0.000344 mg/oz.
so you would stop Brightwell replenish? any orther brand you would recommend for trace elements? Could it also be that it was a bit elevated cause I was using seachem fuel once a week along with replenish

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you would stop Brightwell replenish? any orther brand you would recommend for trace elements? Could it also be that it was a bit elevated cause I was using seachem fuel once a week along with replenish

yes, I'd stop dosing it, or at least dose less.

When some trace elements are already elevated, dosing a mixture of trace elements that includes the elevated ones is not optimal.

One can dose individual elements as needed, or just focus on those deemed most critical by user experiences: iron and manganese (IMO), and rely on foods and water changes for everything else.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back