Bo's box

So you've learned your lesson and are getting rid of the cat?
x1jWBog.gif
 
@najer
I decided on the dimensions I wanted and ordered everything with custom cuts from www.tnutz.com and assembled myself. You have to keep track of dimensions and hardware needed, but is definitely cheaper than a kit from other places.

I went to framing tech and upsized one of their stands for my dimensions. In hindsight once I go for a larger tank I will choose a bigger aluminum size and downgrade dimensions to what is needed. I'm not sure about extruded aluminum companies across the pond though.
 
I'm impatient, and have never done one before. How long do y'all usually leak test?
To actually answer the question, when I built my still (dry) frag tank, I leak tested for a week. I'll probably do it again for a few days before putting everything together but I assembled this thing from glass panels with no experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new