Both ATS and Zeovit?

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use more than one system of nutrient export, such as both ATS and ZeoVit?

I'm thinking of using AquaForest's Zeo Mix in conjunction with a ClearWater ATS 100W on an AvastMarine 4L for a 30g display 10g sump, which in a couple months, will be expanded to add an additional 120g display with 60g sump.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Aquaforest Life Bio Fil in conjunction with the Aquaforest Zeomix with great results.

I was also using the Life Bio Fil with the ZeoVit with good results.

I use very little Zeomix like a 10 to 1 since the Zeomix can strip the system of some of the good elements:)

OP
OP
DiZASTiX

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. Good to know that someone else is using a "stack" of reefing methodologies. It would've been unfortunate had you said there were contraindications to using multiple techniques., as I hours ago just installed the ATS. I'll be using a combination of Aquaforest and Zeovit products.

What was your motivation to using zeolites? I'm trying to wrap my head around the product--be it Zeo Mix or Zeovit. Randy doesn't believe that they have denitrification uses. I trust his judgment on that one, and his logic seems very sound. The original reason I wanted to use zeolites is because there seem to be trace amounts of ammonia in my system, though that could be a faulty measure.

For me, the chief reason for zeolites is simply to get the bacterial "blanket" effect away from the display tank. In the past, I've been dosing sugar, and created translucent carpets of something (presumably bacteria) over every surface. The CUC wouldn't touch it. Neither would I, if I were them. I chose Zeo Mix because it doesn't need to be shaken, and bought the deal on BRS (buy a 1L bag of biopellets and get a free 1.1L SOMATIC UF-1 FLUIDIZED MEDIA REACTOR, which is a perfect gateway drug into the world of zeolites, I suppose. So I'll be putting my zeolites from AquaForest into that little thing. Maybe I'll add some biopellets. I hate wasting, but I'm already dosing vinegar.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back