Bottoming out on phosphates and nitrate

Sal Amato 90 gallon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklny
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have a 90 gallon reef 1 year old. Experiencing huge parameter swings when it comes to phosphate and nitrate. One day it is at 0.17 2 days later it at 0.07 on phosphate/ nitrates one day it 0.05 next day it 0 again. I am dosing daily Neophos and neonitro. I also have a few fish in as well .
Dkh is 8.6 for 8 months
Calcium is 445 for 8 months
Magnesium is 1475 for 8 months
anyone got any ideas
 
I see this is your first post, welcome to r2r.

First off, I don’t see that as huge parameter swings.. Would you better detail your tank: how did you cycle tank, live stock in tank, biological filtration?
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone I have a 90 gallon reef 1 year old. Experiencing huge parameter swings when it comes to phosphate and nitrate. One day it is at 0.17 2 days later it at 0.07 on phosphate/ nitrates one day it 0.05 next day it 0 again. I am dosing daily Neophos and neonitro. I also have a few fish in as well .
Dkh is 8.6 for 8 months
Calcium is 445 for 8 months
Magnesium is 1475 for 8 months
anyone got any ideas


Before you continue dosing hold on just a bit. What are you checking parameters with? This is one of the most important questions that need answering.
 
Do you have a ton of corals and frags in there? If so, eventually regular dosing matching their consumption is likely path plus removing some plus maybe adding more fish, increasing feeding until you reach a balance.
 
new york nyc GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new