Bought lps encrusting coral do not know what is help

nicksreef2017

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
springhill fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the coral for an amazing price at a coral store. All I know is it’s LPS and it’s crusting other than that. I have no idea what it is. I would love to know what it is.

image.jpg
 
Looking to the right of the coral, it looks like a flower with 6 petals. I’m gonna guess alveopora?.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
Bought the coral for an amazing price at a coral store. All I know is it’s LPS and it’s crusting other than that. I have no idea what it is. I would love to know what it is.

image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 22

Attachments

  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 23
Make sure to keep it far away from other corals. It's feeders can reach out up to 5-6" and will kill most corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new