Bought some snails from reef and have a question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishcrisp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishcrisp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2017
Messages
361
Reaction score
107
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought couple snails imcluding couple ninjas stars and money cowries. I received them and put them in the tank,i acclimated them like the email said. So far i have only see one nassarius snail and one cerith move,but the rest are still there in the same spot. How many days do i have to wait before i can take them out and throw them away?
 
I just leave them, assuming your tank is big enough to handle it if they are dead. My hermit crabs and shrimp will take care of dead snails in less than a day. Then it's more shells for the hermits and tank decor!
Typically they'll move within a day or so. Most of my snails only move at night.
 
I just leave them, assuming your tank is big enough to handle it if they are dead. My hermit crabs and shrimp will take care of dead snails in less than a day. Then it's more shells for the hermits and tank decor!
Typically they'll move within a day or so. Most of my snails only move at night.
Its 20 gallon,i was afraid of adding for the reason,not knowing if their dead. I have no hermit crabs just because i don't want them killing my snails.
 
I've had snails not move for that long. At the same time I've had snails die also. I'd say give it till the end of the day. Was the box really cold when you got it?
The inside was warm. Usps came around 2:30pm,right when he left it in the front door i went and picked them up.
 
Update: Their all dead,the copepods are having a feast.
 
I typically check every shell when I get new invertebrates. With a little hermit crabs you can pick up the shell and blow a little puff of air and you’ll see legs move if there’s anybody in there and with snails if you just hold it and shake a little bit a dead snail will fall out but alive snail will stay tightly closed. Also you can tell by the smell as nothing smells as disgusting as a dead snail. Good luck and I hope some of them are alive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new