Bought...

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
... a bell's flasher wrasse which arrived dying in a bag with about half a gallon of frigid water on Thursday, it died within a couple of hours.
Receive a replacement today of a royal angular wrasse?!!!

I've done business with this person before, never a hitch..
This time around, communication was like pulling teeth and I don't know why?
Normally, our interactions have always been pleasant going back years to 2013...
I'm not sure what to do?
I don't want to put the person on blast, because well mistakes happen.

I have an uneasy feeling about all of this, my gut is telling me something is awry though...
It's Labor Day weekend to boot!
So I'm probably not going to receive a response until Tuesday, given how little interaction there has been with this purchase.

I'm not sure what to do?
I'm trying to take the high road and stay calm, but if you're an expert in this hobby, shouldn't you know the difference between a bell's and a royal angular?

Dead bell's
IMG_7007.JPG

Replacement angular
IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_7021.JPG

IMG_7025.JPG

They're a sponsor on here too, but I don't want to drag their business through the mud without gathering all the facts...
But I did need to vent, and ask you all for your opinions and advice

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just be honest with them. Hey man, you sent me the wrong fish... see what they say and take it from there. Considering the track record, chances are this was a mistake right? I'd give them the opportunity to fix it.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is what is making me nervous...
I was told 2 more were in QT and getting a replacement bell's wouldn't be an issue...
Those 2 were listed for sale yesterday!

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many possibilities of what could have happened, that I would just assume it was a slip and let them know what's going on.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This isn't a Bell's...
It's really easy to tell the difference, besides the wild purple marking Bell's have there's dorsal filaments..
This guy clearly doesn't have any.
I don't even know what to do with this fish?
I don't want to release him into my tank though, I'm sure of that...
IMG_7029.JPG

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many possibilities of what could have happened, that I would just assume it was a slip and let them know what's going on.
And this is why I'm not posting on their page, I don't want to drag anyone through the mud falsely...
I guess I'm just unsettled right now and need reassurances from all you good folks

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure they'll make it right, hang tight!

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most vendors are in this game for customer satisfaction. I've never once run into a situation where something was wrong with my order that wasn't fixed by a simple PM or text. Big companies can handle taking a hit or two in the CS department, but a smaller vendor... I applaud your foresight by not immediately going to accusations.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah that's what sucks!
I have to sit patiently for 3 days for a response...
Meanwhile, I can't release this guy into my display...
Should I keep him in the acclimation box, or sump?
Furthermore, if he doesn't want me to send this guy back, what do I do with him?
I don't have any good lfs around here, I'm in a small college town.
My buddy has a 20g long reef, but he has a 6line and it's too small of a tank for this guy anyway...
I'm just totally frustrated by all of this

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly not a Bells. He'll be fine in the acclimation box for a few days. Hard to believe in this age of smart phones and internet everywhere he won't get your email till Tuesday but maybe. I would assume he'll make it right but want you to keep the Angular. Not really worth shipping him back. If there isn't a local club or Facebook page you could put an ad on Craigs List. If you're ok with shipping post it here on R2R. I know how you feel. I'd love a bells and if I did put up the big bucks I'd be so disappointed to see that angular.

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just don't understand the oversight...
The dead bell's was sent in about half a gallon of water so I told them to please add more water with the replacement bell's (angular!), I requested 2-3 gallons and was told it'd be too expensive to ship, the wrong fish that was sent came in about 2 gallons of water!
Was told there were 2 more bell's flashers left, then 2 are listed for sale around 130pm yesterday...
My shipment left their shop at 4pm...
How is it possible to be so reckless with such an expensive fish?
I know I'm protected by PayPal, but I just don't understand how a business can afford to bleed money like this?

Also, I've been digging through old posts...
Seems this person actually listed an angular flasher wrasse as a bell's flasher wrasse last year...
I don't know what to think now

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back