Bounce Acans/Micros

Joe's 220 Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
142
Reaction score
114
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone see this before? My Acans are getting the bounce growth seen on mushrooms? Pretty cool!

780427C5-11AB-42F5-828C-DBE22EDF0460.jpeg
 
Seen this lots of time before. Are you running high UV?
 
In all actuality aren’t these “growths” that people desire soo much on their corals just a form of “cancer?” Once they form will they go away once they are under less intense lighting, or are they permanent?
 
In all actuality aren’t these “growths” that people desire soo much on their corals just a form of “cancer?” Once they form will they go away once they are under less intense lighting, or are they permanent?
Honestly I am not sure. I just noticed them after years of having them. I guess I will see if they stay or go
 
In all actuality aren’t these “growths” that people desire soo much on their corals just a form of “cancer?” Once they form will they go away once they are under less intense lighting, or are they permanent?
My experience is very limited but…. I have a stylophinia and a lephastrea that both bounced in my nano which has a lot of light going on for its size, both grew into the “sps” zone and bounced…
Had a near crash incident, turned down the lights, both are unbounced, we’ll report back as the lights get closer to where they were, 60%and climbing
 
Oops wrong thread. But beautiful acans, my new obsession
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new