Bounce bubbles, what makes them big?

Coral therapy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
117
Reaction score
72
Location
saint petersburg
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several OG bounces in multiple tanks. Some grow xlg bubbles, while others in different tanks produce smaller bubbles, but with a lot more. Anyone know why this happens?
 
I have several OG bounces in multiple tanks. Some grow xlg bubbles, while others in different tanks produce smaller bubbles, but with a lot more. Anyone know why this happens?
From what I've learned about bounce corals, is that the bubbles are actually tumors. Perhaps it's just dependent on the tumor growth?
I don't have any bounce, but Tidal Gardens just put out a really nice video on them.
 
35AA5AB0-ADA2-4F91-B9A5-979081A01FFC.jpeg
 
I wonder if differences in flow make that happen. Happens with other corals. But that is just be speculating.
I’ve put them in low flow and higher flow areas throughout the tank. They all seem to be very similar. I’m gonna play with the intensity of the to see what happens.
 
Try feeding? Maybe it isn't the current itself directly influencing the growth, but the food the current carries? I know of a lot of people who feed bounces regularly and their shrooms have gigantic bubbles all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new